Simon Malls has been the best deal in town for gift cards for a long time now. My local mall knows me by name I go there so much! It is my favorite way of Manufactured Spending to generate miles! By using a card such as the Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® you can even make a profit!
I am a big IHG fan. From their awesome PointBreaks rooms for only 5,000 a night to their Big Win Promotions where I earned 132,000 and 101,000 points respectively, IHG keeps giving me so many points I can’t even use them all! I am going to complete the Into the Nights promotion as well before the end of the year and get 2 free nights at any IHG property in the world! I have my sights on the Intercontinental Bora Bora. Continue reading
Edit: This deal actually goes until December 27th so you can get 50,000 miles or more!
Edit 2: I found out today you can do 3X$200 to maximize the discount with $40 off. I have updated the review to reflect this.
I love OfficeMax! They give me free money and miles all the time like when they gave me 1000 points a day and when they gave me 43,000 Ultimate Rewards points in just one week! This time it is 24,000 free points but it is possible to get even more!
What you need?
- A miles or points earning credit or debit card. Any card will work for this deal but the Ink Plus, Ink Cash or Amex Simplycash cards are ideal with their 5X points on Office Supply stores
- A Bluebird card (you can get for free at Walmart)
- A little free time to stop by OfficeMax every day and then Walmart at the end of the week.
The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® has always been one of our favorites for people to get started and it just got even better! They have just bumped the bonus from 40,000 miles with your first purchase to 50,000 with your first purchase. This means you can get this card, spend $1 on gas and then earn enough for two round trip flights anywhere in the US! You do have to pay the $89 annual fee with this offer, but I would trade $89 for two round trip flights every day of the week.
This is really as easy as it comes for bonus miles. Apply for the card, spend $1, get 50,000 miles!
Some other ways you could use these miles are for a ticket to Hawaii (40K miles), Off Peak to Europe in the winter (30K miles) or you could save up the miles and add some to it and get Business Class to Asia via Europe for 110K miles like I did when I went to Germany and China!
How you spend the miles is up to you, but the important thing is getting them while you can! As you may know US Airways and American Airlines have partially merged and this card will probably be going away once the merger is completed (or at least rebranded to an AA card).
Some other benefits of this card are first checked bag free on US Airways operated flights, priority boarding, and one companion certificate per year. If this sounds like something you are interested in (and it should) then click here to apply now.
As always, reply with any questions and follow me on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to make sure you don’t miss any great info! And don’t forget to share this article with anyone who might be interested using the handy social share buttons right below this post!
Every year around this time American Express has a promotion called Small Business Saturday where in an effort to support local small businesses they give away free money! This year’s offer is a bit different than the last time I participated in 2012, but it is possibly even better than ever! This year Amex cards as well as Bluebird prepaid cards will work. Continue reading
IHG Pointbreaks are one of the best values in hotel awards at only 5,000 points a night. I love this program and was able to stay 15 nights free on my recent China trip using Pointbreaks rooms at amazing hotels like this Intercontinental in Hangzhou.
IHG just announced which hotels are on the latest list which will become bookable Monday, November 24 at around 8:30 AM EST. It isn’t a bad list and I picked a few of the properties to highlight here that looked nice to me. Any of these are available for just 5,000 points a night and if you want to know how to book them read this article we wrote about how to book an IHG Pointbreaks room. But act fast! The good properties such as the Intercontinental and Crowne Plaza hotels sell out of 5000 point rooms within a few hours usually. Continue reading
Whenever the annual fees come due on my cards (such as the $65 annual fee for my Starwood Preferred Guest Business American Express), I look and see what value I have gotten for the card throughout the membership year and compare it to the fee. I love Amex Sync offers and have written about them many times in the past. The latest Amex offer though is a doozy! This one offer will pay almost 3 years worth of annual fees on this card! To take advantage of this offer you will obviously need an American Express card that has this offer available in your online account (my SPG Business Amex did). Continue reading
This is part 17 of a series on my trip to Austria, Germany and China.
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 1 – How I am going to Timewarp in Germany AND Beijing in Business Class for $184
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 2- 12 Amazing Places I want to see on my trip to China. The last one is terrifying!
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 3 – How I got paid to take a free trip.
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 4 – 9 Hours in Vienna
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 5 – Frankfurt, Robert-Johnson, and Timewarp
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 6 – The Flagship Austrian Airlines Business Class Lounge
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 7 – Vienna to Beijing Business Class on an Austrian Airlines Boeing 767-300
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 8 – Beijing, Tian’anmen Square, The Forbidden City
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 9 – The Great Wall of China at Jinshanling
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 10 – How my Discover Card saved my life in China
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Part 11 – Bullet Trains and Zhengzhou
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Part 12 – Xi’an and the Terracotta Warriors
- Austria, Germany and China 2014: Part 13 – Zhangjiajie, Monkeys and Avatar
- Austria, Germany and China 2014: Part 14 – Changsha, Wuhan, and Hefei
- Austria, Germany and China 2014: Part 15 – Intercontinental Hangzhou: Is this the coolest hotel I have stayed at?
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Part 16 – Shanghai: The Pearl of the Orient
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Park 17 – Beijing Trip Report: Temple of Heaven and Olympic Park
I received 40,000 of the 100,000 miles I used for this award ticket by getting the US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®! This is a great card and one I still carry. These miles will eventually become American miles which are some of the most valuable. Click here to apply now for one of your own!
I only had one night and day left in Beijing but I still had several important sites to see. I stayed again at the Crowne Plaza Zhongguancun using 5000 points a night via the Pointsbreak special I talked about in this article. I was upgraded again to a nice corner room due to my status with IHG. Continue reading
Delta Skymiles Shopping has two different specials running that you can combine to make over 7000 Skymiles! If you have never earned miles shopping online before then read our article on How to Make Mega Miles with Shopping Portals to see how.
The first offer is a bonus offer for spending certain amounts at any of the thousands of merchants for purchases through November 26, 2014.
- Spend $175 and earn 750 Bonus Skymiles
- Spend $350 and earn 1500 Bonus Skymiles
- Spend $525 and earn 2250 Bonus Skymiles