IHG Pointbreaks are one of the best values in hotel awards at only 5,000 points a night. I love this program and was able to stay 15 nights free on my recent China trip using Pointbreaks rooms at amazing hotels like this Intercontinental in Hangzhou.
IHG just announced which hotels are on the latest list which will become bookable Monday, November 24 at around 8:30 AM EST. It isn’t a bad list and I picked a few of the properties to highlight here that looked nice to me. Any of these are available for just 5,000 points a night and if you want to know how to book them read this article we wrote about how to book an IHG Pointbreaks room. But act fast! The good properties such as the Intercontinental and Crowne Plaza hotels sell out of 5000 point rooms within a few hours usually. Continue reading
Whenever the annual fees come due on my cards (such as the $65 annual fee for my Starwood Preferred Guest Business American Express), I look and see what value I have gotten for the card throughout the membership year and compare it to the fee. I love Amex Sync offers and have written about them many times in the past. The latest Amex offer though is a doozy! This one offer will pay almost 3 years worth of annual fees on this card! To take advantage of this offer you will obviously need an American Express card that has this offer available in your online account (my SPG Business Amex did). Continue reading
This is part 17 of a series on my trip to Austria, Germany and China.
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 1 – How I am going to Timewarp in Germany AND Beijing in Business Class for $184
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 2- 12 Amazing Places I want to see on my trip to China. The last one is terrifying!
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 3 – How I got paid to take a free trip.
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 4 – 9 Hours in Vienna
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 5 – Frankfurt, Robert-Johnson, and Timewarp
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 6 – The Flagship Austrian Airlines Business Class Lounge
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 7 – Vienna to Beijing Business Class on an Austrian Airlines Boeing 767-300
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 8 – Beijing, Tian’anmen Square, The Forbidden City
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 9 – The Great Wall of China at Jinshanling
- Austria, Germany, China 2014: Part 10 – How my Discover Card saved my life in China
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Part 11 – Bullet Trains and Zhengzhou
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Part 12 – Xi’an and the Terracotta Warriors
- Austria, Germany and China 2014: Part 13 – Zhangjiajie, Monkeys and Avatar
- Austria, Germany and China 2014: Part 14 – Changsha, Wuhan, and Hefei
- Austria, Germany and China 2014: Part 15 – Intercontinental Hangzhou: Is this the coolest hotel I have stayed at?
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Part 16 – Shanghai: The Pearl of the Orient
- Austria, Germany, and China 2014: Park 17 – Beijing Trip Report: Temple of Heaven and Olympic Park
I received 40,000 of the 100,000 miles I used for this award ticket by getting the US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®! This is a great card and one I still carry. These miles will eventually become American miles which are some of the most valuable. Click here to apply now for one of your own!
I only had one night and day left in Beijing but I still had several important sites to see. I stayed again at the Crowne Plaza Zhongguancun using 5000 points a night via the Pointsbreak special I talked about in this article. I was upgraded again to a nice corner room due to my status with IHG. Continue reading
Delta Skymiles Shopping has two different specials running that you can combine to make over 7000 Skymiles! If you have never earned miles shopping online before then read our article on How to Make Mega Miles with Shopping Portals to see how.
The first offer is a bonus offer for spending certain amounts at any of the thousands of merchants for purchases through November 26, 2014.
- Spend $175 and earn 750 Bonus Skymiles
- Spend $350 and earn 1500 Bonus Skymiles
- Spend $525 and earn 2250 Bonus Skymiles
The holiday shopping bonuses have started up and Alaska Airlines has a great one! If you aren’t familiar with how shopping portals can earn you miles then read our primer article on how it all works!
This is another of our No Credit, No Problem series of posts that you can do with no special credit needed!
Hilton has released their latest promotion for the period of November 1, 2014 – February 28, 2014. Don’t think, just sign up now to double up on Hilton points then forget about it.As you can see this promotion is for double points starting with your second stay. This promotion pales in comparison to the other ones offered such as the Into the Nights IHG Promotion and the Club Carlson 3000 point Mobile Booking Bonus. But if you have stays planned at Hiltons then why not get double points! Since it is double points after the second stay, if you have a long stay planned (for example a week at a Hilton somewhere), it might make sense to do a quick one night stay somewhere before it so you get double points for the larger trip.
In any case, click here and sign up for this promotion. You literally have nothing to lose and it will take less time than it took to read this article
As always, reply with any questions and follow me on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to make sure you don’t miss any great info! And don’t forget to share this article with anyone who might be interested using the handy social share buttons right below this post!
I’m not sure how I missed this offer but through October 31, Mileage Plan shopping is having a special where when you spend $50 you get a whopping 750 bonus Alaskan miles. Continue reading
Through November 16, 2014 you can get 3000 Bonus Points for Club Carlson App Bookings! Club Carlson is the loyalty program for the Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, and Country Inn and Suites hotel chains. Continue reading
Reader Javier asked recently in the comments on this article: “Keith turned me on to your site on Facebook. I wanted a little direction. I have the Capital one Venture card with 2x per dollar spent. I crunched the numbers for last month and if I switched to the Chase card I would be down about 3200 points/miles. Capital One doesn’t necessarily use the miles redeem system, they just reimburse you for the travel based on the amount of the ticket. How would I be able to utilize your system with Capital One?”
I started writing a quick reply but it quickly got more involved with examples so I wanted to make this into a more comprehensive post that I could refer people to in the future since this is a common question. This is a long post, but read and digest it slowly because it is an important one. If you don’t want all the details, skip to the bottom to the Conclusion TLDR section.
What is the difference between a cashback card and a miles card? Continue reading
Staples has one offer running this week (through Saturday) and another next week (Starting this Sunday) that you can combine to earn 4000+ Ultimate Rewards points and make $16 too! You would have to fly from New York to Rome to get this many miles but with this method you can get them in just 15 minutes without leaving your home town! To get the full amount of 4000 points you will need the Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, or Chase Ink Cash card which all give 5X points at office supply stores like Staples. If you use another card such as the US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® (which is the first card of our Easy Quarter Million program) then you will earn 800 miles + $16). If you don’t have a miles or points earning credit card, maybe today is the day to apply so you can join the party. Continue reading