We talked a bit about Plink in our Quadruple Dipping at Sears article, and there are having another promotion right now that is pretty sweet. Plink is a rewards program that gives you “Plink Points” for making purchases at certain merchants over a certain dollar amount (for example, 250 Plink points for a $25 purchase at 7-11). You can then redeem those Plink points for a variety of gift certificates such as Amazon.com at a rate of $1 / 100 Plink points. They will email you the Amazon gift certificates right away.
Through Sunday, September 8, 2013 Plink is having a promotion where they double their normal rate of 1200 Plink Points / $100 purchase at The Gap clothing store.
- Start with a points earning card such as the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Amex which gives 1 Starpoint / $1 spent.
- Go to your local Gap store and make 10 separate purchases of $100 gift cards.
- For these purchases you will get 24,000 Plink points which you can redeem for $240 worth of Amazon.com gift cards.
- If you “Check In” using the Plink mobile app after your purchase, you will get an additional 5 Plink points per purchase (every bit helps!)
- You will now have $1000 in Gap gift cards which you can sell to a site such as ABC Gift Cards for either $810 in a check or $850 if you can use Amazon.com gift cards.
So for spending $1000, you end up with $240 in Amazon.com gift cards plus an $810 check, and 1000 Starpoints. That’s a $50 profit for earning 1000 miles (Starpoints in my example)!
What a deal!