This is the second post in a series about my 2013 trip to Ibiza for the closing parties. Part of the free plane tickets were funded by the 40,000 point sign up bonus of the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
- Ibiza 2013: Part 1 – How I went to the 2013 Ibiza Closing Parties in First Class for $218
- Ibiza 2013: Part 2 – Lufthansa First Class Lounge in New York – JFK
- Ibiza 2013: Part 3 – Lufthansa First Class New York to Munich on an A-330
- Ibiza 2013: Part 4 – The Lufthansa First Class Lounge in Munich
- Ibiza 2013: Part 5 – Back to the White Isle
- Ibiza 2013: Part 6 – The Lufthansa First Class Terminal in Frankfurt
- Ibiza 2013: Part 7 – Lufthansa Old First Class Frankfurt to Toronto on an A-340
- Ibiza 2013: Part 8 – The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge
I started off at the same JFK Lufthansa lounge that I went to on my Eurotrip 2013, except this time instead of going to the Business Lounge, they let me into the keyed elevator to go to the top floor Senator Lounge.
You could tell a difference immediately with the quantity and quality of the wines and liquors compared to the somewhat limited Business Lounge downstairs.They even had Patron in case I was in the mood for shots before the plane!
From the top floor First Class lounge you had a great view of the gate where your plane was.One of the differences between First Class and Business Class is the availability of sit down multiple course dining in First Class. I had been traveling since 8:30 in the morning so was excited to put their kitchen through its paces.The menu had several tempting a la carte options in addition to the salad bar and hot buffet.I chose the Seared Sea Scallops which was a great choice!I enjoyed the desserts as well from the buffet. For the purposes of the article I had to try them all!
I had about 4 hours to enjoy this lounge before my flight so I after my leisurely lunch I decided to take a shower before my transatlantic flight. The bathrooms which were located down on the Business Lounge floor did the trick to refresh me before my third flight of the day.
I enjoyed a few beers and the free wifi while I waited for my plane to start boarding. In the next article I will cover the First Class experience in the Lufthansa A-330.