Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) had a great offer called the Big Win this past quarter that gave me an extra 98,000 points on top of other ongoing bonuses. This is even more points than the 80,000 you can get for signing up for their credit card that is part of our Easy Quarter Million! They are bringing a similar promotion back in 2014 for January 1-April 30. This promotion is a new type of personalized offers that are becoming more popular in the points and miles world where each member can get a slightly different offer depending on their historical stay profile.
My offer this time included the following for a total of 74,000 points:
- Stay a total of 6 nights and earn 8,800 points
- Stay at 2 different IHG brands and earn 9,600 points
- Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and earn 2,000 points.
- Book 3 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,200 points
- Stay 2 Saturday nights and earn 4,800 points
- Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 4,800 points
- Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotels and earn 4,800 points.
- Complete 7 of your offers and earn 37,000 points
This in my opinion is still a solid offer and if I redeem these 74,000 points for Pointbreaks hotels which only cost 5,000 points a night, then it could be worth 15 nights of free rooms. I have read about other people who have offers for 150K+ points for only 4 stays so it is worth checking your offer to see how good it is.