You really can’t beat deals where you get paid to take points. When these come up I like to go big like when I made 43,000 points in one week at Officemax. This is another one of those deals, but just a smaller one. This offer is good though July 19, 2014.
What do you need?
- Any miles earning credit card such as the US Airways Card.
- To get the maximum of 2070, you will need a card that gives you 5% at Staples such as the Chase Ink Bold or Chase Ink Plus.
Staples has a deal this week where when you buy $300 worth of gift cards you will get a $20 Staples gift card in the mail via their easy rebate program (which is the easiest online only rebate program and only takes about 3 minutes to complete when you get home).
How to do it
Go to your local staples and find two $200 Mastercard gift cards. You might call ahead to make sure they have them in stock before you drive there since not all stores carry the $200 variety and the Visa gift cards won’t work for this promotion. They will look like this (they are the same cards we bought in the recent $15 free money deal at Kmart).
By buying two $200 gift cards each with a $6.95 fee, you will minimize the % of the fee per dollar. This means that your total cost will be $413.90 for two gift cards. If you use the US Airways card, you will get 413 US Airways miles for this purchase. If you use your Chase Ink Bold card, you will get 2070 Ultimate Rewards points since they give you 5 miles per dollar at office supply stores like Staples. Remember you will be getting a $20 Staples gift card back in the mail in a few weeks which will mean you got $400 in gift cards for $413.90 – $20 – $393.90!
What to do with the gift cards?
- You can use them for day to day spend (grocery stores are the best for this because they will automatically use whatever the available balance is)
- Get a money order at Walmart which you can deposit into your bank account.
- Use the Kiosk at Walmart to deposit them to your Bluebird account then do an online bill pay to pay off the credit card you used.
- Go to a register at Walmart and deposit them to your Bluebird account then do on online bill pay to pay off the credit card you used.
You really can’t go wrong with this deal. Getting paid to take points is one of the things I love about the points and miles game! Enjoy!
As always, reply with any questions and follow me on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to make sure you don’t miss any great info! And don’t forget to share this article with anyone who might be interested!