September 4, 2013: This offer has expired and it is back to the usual offer of 25K SPG Points for both the consumer and business versions.
Starwood are in my opinion the most valuable points and in the past I have gotten great value from my points. On my most recent Europe trip, I received 4.1 cents per Starpoint in value at the fabulous Turnberry Resort.
I also received a Free Upgrade to a giant suite in Lima for only $30+1600 points per night earlier in the year.
It never seems that I have enough Starpoints and I am constantly trying to keep my balance up so I can have the juicy redemptions at Starwood’s awesome properties around the world. This limited time sign on bonus (ends Sept 3, 2013) is the perfect way to boost your Starpoints account.
30,000 points is as good as it gets for these particular cards so if you were thinking about getting it, now is the time! The worst value I have gotten from my Starpoints is around 4 cents per point and the best value is around 8 cents per Starpoint. This means if you redeem the smart way like I do, this sign on bonus is worth between $1200-2400! Here are some of the details:
- 10,000 SPG points after the first purchase
- 20,000 SPG points after spending $5,000 in the card in the first 6 months
- No fee for the first year, then $65
- Instant Preferred Plus status which can give you free room upgrades, 4 PM Checkout and more
- 5 nights or 2 stays worth of credit towards your gold or platinum status qualification.
- Up to 5 points per $ spent at SPG properties (2 starpoints per dollar spent on the card plus the starpoints you get as a SPG member), 1 point per $ everywhere else