We just received word about a new Hawaiian Airlines card issued by Barclaycard that has a 35,000 Mile sign up bonus. We have also added it to our Top Credit Cards page. Here are the details.
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days*
- Enjoy a complimentary 1st checked bag for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase eligible tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Receive a one-time 50% off a companion discount on roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 2X miles on eligible purchases made directly from Hawaiian Airlines and 1X miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- $100 discount off a companion ticket each year after your account anniversary for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines upon payment of annual fee
- Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after spending $10,000 or more in purchases by your account anniversary
Looking at their award chart, it looks like if you plan ahead, you can fly from NYC, LAX or LAS to Hawaii including Maui for 40K round trip. If you get the card and spend the required 1K then you will be at 36K miles after the bonus is applied. Kick in 4K more by Spending Money without Spending Money and you can have a free round trip to Hawaii!
We will do a full analysis of this card in a future article but we wanted to tell you about it right away if you were planning on a Hawaii vacation. Even though it is coach at the 40K round trip rate, Hawaiian’s coach is one of the best experiences compared to other domestic carriers.